Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My first scrap!

My first ever digital scrapbook page:


I'm pretty new to digital scrapbooking, but all the stuff I have seen posted in digiscrap sites all over the net are pretty amazing that I just had to give it a try. So this one here is my first shot at it. The flowers and the butterfly are hand drawn (scanned from my sketchbook and tweaked in CS3). The background paper was textured by overlays from different photos, a trick I learned from various digiscrap tutorials posted online.

I'm still learning, so this layout screams "NEWBIEEE!!!" I'm still getting a handle on how to achieve realistic shadows, the sort that makes the elements and photos look like they were pasted on the paper, and not floating above it.

There were a lot of freebies I downloaded from blogs and websites of generous digital scrappers (there's a LOT of them out there, my favorites: digifree.blogspot.com and ikeagoddess.blogspot.com) but I ended up making my own for my first layout. (I feel kinda guilty using stuff created by other people when I know I can make them myself).

I do plan to give away freebies here as well, from time to time, as a way of giving back to the generosity of the digital scrapbooking community (those scrap-for-charity gestures are really touching), and also because God said we should share what He has abundantly blessed us with.

So as a start, if you would like to get that butterfly and flowers I used in my first scrapbook page, then drop me an email over at my gmail account with this addie: 7sparrows (I deliberately wrote it this way to block off the nasty spam'rs and bot's.) Or you can just leave your email addie at the comments area in this post.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP