Friday, April 4, 2008

Made you look

It's 10:54, says my clock. Time for me to hit the sack. But I just finished a 6-page layout for my Dad's newspaper and my mind is still fired up though my eyes are telling me otherwise.

So to help my nerves quiet down (hopefully), I'm posting a quickie here about one of my favorite softwares: Adobe Photoshop which recently launched its online version- the Photoshop Express.

It took me awhile to get get my hands on the goodies I was expecting to find and read about this online version of what I believe is the best photo editing yet. I use Photoshop CS3, and I'm so loving it (also Corel Paint Shop Pro). So I had really high expectations on its online version.

Anyway, like I said, it took me awhile to get an account (since it's on a beta release, you can sign up there for free). I must have signed up for like 6 times already using all my emails but 3 days passed and still no confirmation email from them. I assumed it's because the beta release is available for US residents only, and the site is rejecting my application since I'm from outside the US (maybe, not sure about this though).

So I asked my friend Chris to sign up for me (since he lives in NY) and in less than a minute, I got a confirmation email. Figures. (Thanks Chrissie! :-p )

Now, after giving it a try, I'm sorry to say this but Photoshop Express is all bark and not much of a bite. I was really expecting more. Obviously, it wasn't meant to duplicate the powerful image editing features of CS3. But for beginners, amateurs and those who find CS3 way too much of a hassle, then Photoshop Express will be a breeze as it will do very basic enhancements on images in just one click. And when I say basic, I mean really really elementary level one-click touchups. Aside from this, you also get 2 GB of free storage, and you can also embed or link the photos you uploaded on your blogs. It's also got a slideshow (really simple one).

Oh, you also get to have your own gallery's url, in which you can publicly show off albums. Mine is http://honeylicious.photoshop.com.

But don't take my word for it. Head on over there and see for yourself. Here's the link.

By the way, I like the website's interface, which is all Adobe Bridge with its sleek gray background.

Ok that's all for now, getting way sleepy now. Will try to talk more about Photoshop stuff in the days to come.

Oh also, way to go Yankees, which took the finale from the Blue Jays. Hurrah! You can watch the home runs here. (Thanks, Chris, for the link. Feels weird for me calling you Chris. But I don't think the name that I'm used to calling you is appropriate here *wink*).

G'nyt, folks!

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP