Monday, March 17, 2008

I go public. Yay!

Today, I am going to make this blog "public." Yikes! When I started this blog, I fully intended to make it secret and anonymous, just like the other blogs that I started and abandoned a few entries after.

But a blog, especially for writers, is inevitable. To be able to publish articles whenever you feel like it, and for free, is pretty much like how honey must seem to a bee. Simply irresistibly yummy.

What took me a
long time to have my own public blog is due to insecurity, to be frank about it. Until now, after more than a decade of writing news reports, columns, feature stories, etc., I am still insecure about my writing. It's largely because I'm such a perfectionist that everytime I finish a write-up, I feel that I can still do better. Then I get fearful that my article would open me up to public embarrassment, so I chop and slice through my paragraphs again and again- a viciously exhausting cycle that went on for years until I found no pleasure in writing anymore. Writing became stressful for me, when it should have been therapeutic.

So with my being an OC (obsessive-compulsive) on my writing, a public blog should have been the last thing on my mind. But like they say, "face your fear". I want to recapture the sweetness in writing that once trapped me in its honeyed depths, even if it's at the risk of public scrutiny (and humiliation).

Life is, after all, yummy. I have to spread the sweetness around, one post at a time.


So with this post, I cut the ribbon and officially welcome friends, family and strangers alike to this blog. Please feel free to roam around this blog. Knock yourself out :-) And don't be a stranger! Leave some non-violent comments, and come back often.

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP