Saturday, May 24, 2008

Grrr

I am just so pissed off right now I could probably exhale fire. I’m writing this to let off steam or else I might go ballistic.

In my ten years as a government journalist, nobody has ever accused me of any hanky-panky. Mainly because I’m proud to say my parents have raised me well. I’m not perfect, like the rest of the human populace. I have my own flaws. But I have always gone out of my way to make sure that I never step on anyone’s shoes, never insult anyone even if it is called for, and basically never do anything to cause harm either emotionally or physically to other people.

Today, for the very first time, somebody did.

To add insult to injury, the said accusations were done thru text (an act of cowardice). But there’s an advantage to this, I guess. I can “save” these accusations and use it as proof should the accusing person turn the tables against me later on.

I was, in a nutshell, accused of being unfair, inconsiderate and devious. This person, a "reporter", believed that I was intentionally not sending her the press releases I regularly email to all local reporters every week because she did not pay her debt to my father and my boss on time.

The said accusations basically insinuated that I have, for reasons stated above, let myself be prejudiced by personal matters and in turn, I’m supposedly retaliating by depriving a local “reporter” of press releases.

I don’t know which I should be mad about: that I was accused of being small-minded enough to let such a petty thing affect my work and my dealings with the press, or that I was being insulted by a person who’s a newbie in this business and one who is not exactly popular for reasons that I am decent enough not to blurt out here.

I rarely get mad but in this case where I am insulted and accused of such baloney, I let my temper get the best of me. I shot from the hip and fought back, sending her a long, angry reply.

To make a long “text” story short, she ended up apologizing, almost groveling, for her “line of questioning” but added that I was being “sensitive” about the whole thing as she was just “asking”.

Asking, my foot. I’m not stupid; I know how asking sounds like and her text was far from being one. And I’m being sensitive? Wow, I’ve just been insulted twice!

Should, for some reason, this person I am talking about is you, then I have but one advice to give you:

“It’s better to close your mouth and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”

0 comments:

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP